website clean-up

Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Sun Apr 23 05:37:27 EDT 2006

It is that time of the year (spring in the Northern Hemisphere). I have
done some clean-up for your reading pleasure.

https://edu.osgeo.org/
https://edu.osgeo.org/meetings.html
https://edu.osgeo.org/minutes_04_13_2006.html

(took a while to figure out this SVN thing)

Please take a look and give me your feedback, and suggestions for
anything different or else that you might want to see on the wall. Its
my first crack at this, so there are bound to be "issues."

Two questions --

1. Frank W sent me the IRC log this time around. What is the normal
mechanism for getting hold of the log after-the-fact? Does it require a
"Frank intervention" or is it accessible on-line somewhere (so I don't
have to post it).

2. Why is the website (edu.osgeo.org and its siblings) under secure
http? I can understand using https when editing, but for normal viewing
public, what good does https serve? Are there any
disadvantages/advantages to this?

--
Puneet Kishor