[OSGeo-Edu] website clean-up

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 10:41:37 EDT 2006

Puneet,
(cc Daniel Brookshier for https question)

thanks for the page cleanup! Some comments below:

On 4/23/06, Puneet Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
> It is that time of the year (spring in the Northern Hemisphere). I have
> done some clean-up for your reading pleasure.
>
> https://edu.osgeo.org/
> https://edu.osgeo.org/meetings.html
> https://edu.osgeo.org/minutes_04_13_2006.html
>
> (took a while to figure out this SVN thing)
>
> Please take a look and give me your feedback, and suggestions for
> anything different or else that you might want to see on the wall. Its
> my first crack at this, so there are bound to be "issues."
>
> Two questions --
>
> 1. Frank W sent me the IRC log this time around. What is the normal
> mechanism for getting hold of the log after-the-fact? Does it require a
> "Frank intervention" or is it accessible on-line somewhere (so I don't
> have to post it).

The logs appear in real-time here:
http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/

Every day a file is generated which is instantly extended by the
IRC bot run by Gary Sherman who owns the qgis.org domain and
provides this service for QGIS, GRASS and OSGeo.

> 2. Why is the website (edu.osgeo.org and its siblings) under secure
> http? I can understand using https when editing, but for normal viewing
> public, what good does https serve? Are there any
> disadvantages/advantages to this?

Good question. I have cc'ed to the OSGeo community manager Daniel
who may comment on that. For the the https access appears to be slower.

> --
> Puneet Kishor

Markus