[OSGeo-Edu] FreeGIS Book

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Mon Aug 7 09:49:44 EDT 2006

On 8/7/06, Allan Doyle <adoyle at eogeo.org> wrote:
> Puneet,
>
> We want to start out with a wikimedia instance. We're moving off of
> the ZWiki at eogeo.org and don't want to have to move twice.

Right then... osgeo.org does run on mediawiki.

> Perhaps the better thing to do is see if the SAC has the ability to
> give us server space.

sorry, I am blanking out, but I can't fathom what SAC is (space
applications center? ... is kinda appropriate, no). Nevertheless, I
can ask Daniel to set up wikibooks.osgeo.org much like he did
edu.osgeo.org. Then, perhaps you can shepherd it from existence to
adolescence. I just don't want to duplicate Astrid's or "Benjamin's"
work.

Just let me know, and I will follow up.

Many thanks,

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.ies.wisc.edu/