[OSGeo-Edu] FreeGIS Book

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Mon Aug 7 09:57:34 EDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 09:49, P Kishor wrote:

> On 8/7/06, Allan Doyle <adoyle at eogeo.org> wrote:
>> Puneet,
>>
>> We want to start out with a wikimedia instance. We're moving off of
>> the ZWiki at eogeo.org and don't want to have to move twice.
>
> Right then... osgeo.org does run on mediawiki.

I think there's a move afoot to move all the wiki space(s) to the
Telascience machines.

>> Perhaps the better thing to do is see if the SAC has the ability to
>> give us server space.
>

> sorry, I am blanking out, but I can't fathom what SAC is (space
> applications center? ... is kinda appropriate, no). Nevertheless, I

I'm having trouble following the byzantine structure we're building,
too... SAC = OSGeo SysAdmin Committee or something like that.

> can ask Daniel to set up wikibooks.osgeo.org much like he did
> edu.osgeo.org. Then, perhaps you can shepherd it from existence to
> adolescence. I just don't want to duplicate Astrid's or "Benjamin's"
> work.

I guess that raises a good point, who does control the DNS?

> Just let me know, and I will follow up.

If you want to, that would be great. I think it's a matter of
figuring out (a) how to get a mediawiki set up on a Telascience.org
machine (Jo may be able to help) and then to (b) point
wikibooks.osgeo.org to that instance.