OEGEO Logo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 11 13:19:47 EDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Gary Watry <watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Frank
> I am getting ready to start the fall open source GIS  Course
>
> Several people have asked if I could come up with a "Certificate of
> Completion" for the end of the course.
>
> What I would like to do is include the OSGEO logo on a simple
> certificate; see attached powerpoint or pdf file. I would like to put it
> in the upper-left corner. Is this doable?

Gary,

My suggestion would be to take this up with the educational
committee.  I'm hesitant to pursue some sort of formal OSGeo
certification right away, but I don't think there would be a
problem with the course being "OSGeo recognised" or something
of that sort.

My take is that the educational committee would come up with
some guidelines for what an OSGeo recognised course would
be like, and could then designate courses according to the criteria
after a review of the course material.

I think this would be a "light weight" step that might eventually
lead to some more formal certification process.

I'm cc:ing the edu committee and will leave this between you
and them as I'm on vacation this week.

Best regards,