[OSGeo-Edu] Certification of Gary's course

watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu
Sun Aug 27 19:52:35 EDT 2006

Quoting "Pericles S. Nacionales" <naci0002 at umn.edu>:
Point taken
I will change that part to read that the student can use the
uncompression  program of their choice. But They must use a program
capable of uncompressing a .zip file and  that I was going to use
WinZip in the course example

Without being snide or rude, Let me clarify something else, the main
reason that I would like to use the OSGeo logo is to provide addition
exposure for the OSGeo Foundation. It seems that the foundation is
growing within the Open Source Community but I would like to see it
expand in the public, professional and educational communities.  My
course work is already going to over 7 educational institutes and 11
countries. I already have 4 new educational Institutes that have
expressed an interest in the fall term. I am collabrorating with the
authors of several software packages on the course work before it goes
public and they have agreed with everything I stated in my course work.
The course work will continue to expand content and exposure wise. I
believe in Open Source and the foundation and want to help it grow. The
use of the logo does not really benefit or hurt the course.

A professional magazine "Geospational Solutions" is will to allow me
(us) to submit articles about open source. I am not sure of the spin
yet, A regular column on Open Source Geospatial Software or a series of
feature articles, but the door has at least been opened. But how did
they say it in Star Trek "Our Mission: To go where no man has gone
before." Now I will get off my soap box.