New entry on the project wiki: open access readings on GIS or OS GIS

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Aug 30 10:16:55 EDT 2006

Ari,

Thanks for forwarding that on. This post made me wonder if we had
anything on the project wiki pages about OPEN ACCESS readings on GIS in
general or OS GIS in particular. I looked -- and perhaps I missed it,
but I didn't see anything. Consequently, I created two new headings on
this page:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Resources

The headings I created are

Open access reading materials about GIS or GIScience
Open access reading materials about OS GIS specifically

I entered the NRC book under the first one. I think anything we post
here we should be absolutely certain that it is licensed as open access.

If people have other open access reading materials they know about,
please post them under these topics or send me an email with them and
I'll enter them. I think this is an important step -- I am currently
puzzling about what kind of "text book" I should use as I develop this
Intro GIS course.

Cheers
Charlie

--