[OSGeo-Edu] Getting Started on the Free GIS Book...

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Tue Dec 19 13:22:41 EST 2006

Dear all,

Regarding our curriculum material, I was planning on using the license
described below (NC) but I think Jo is convincing me to go with the
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license now.

Finally, like Gary, I'd be happy to contribute our material to this book
as well. January will be a sprint month for us as the online course will
begin in late January. I am splitting "lectures" on the WebCT platform
(our UMass online platform) but the course wiki will have the
attribution-sharealike modules (exercises and homeworks) that we will be
contributing to the OSGeo effort. We also have one semester long
"generic project" on identifying parcels for conservation we have used
in our regular ArcGIS course that we hope to convert to a QGIS/Grass
exercise and we will make that available.

Charlie