Migration to OSGEO.org

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Mon Jul 10 11:53:09 EDT 2006

The migration to OSGEO.org can officially begin.

We have a page at http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Free_GIS_Book

And a section at http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/
Education_Working_Groups#FreeGISBook_Group

You will have to make an account on the OSGEO wiki before you can do
any editing. Note that the MediaWiki engine uses a different wiki
markup than the ZWiki engine on which the EOGEO pages were based.

My first thought was to copy over the current material, so I made a
page for that at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OriginalFreeGISBook
but it might make more sense to just start over, and copy/paste
material as we go.

We'll continue to use this list for discussion. The #osgeo channel on
freenode.net is where the OSGEO people hang out.

Here's what I think we need to do:

* Sign up on http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/
Education_Working_Groups#FreeGISBook_Group under Contributors.

* Work out the "Method" on the same page.

* Dive in.

I put a notice on the EOGEO page at
  http://www.eogeo.org/Projects/projects_wiki/FreeGISBook
about the migration.