[FreeGISBook] Migration to OSGEO.org

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:12:48 EDT 2006

I have copied over the outline for the book to the new wiki. You can
find it here:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Book_Outline

You will see I have made some changes to the outlines in two areas. I
have reordered and added entries to the section on data collection,
with the most major changes to the section on traditional surveying. I
think I will start on this section of the book first, as time permits,
so thats why I changed this part.

I also added a glossary and a couple of appendices at the end of the outline.

I think it would be good to come up with a suggested chapter outline
that authors can follow. I put a sample here:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Sample_Chapter_Outline

I welcome any comments are suggestions for the outline.

I think it would also be wise to include a link to the book's wiki
main page on each new page that is created. I have started to do this
with the "Navigation" Section at the bottom of each page. This makes
it a little easier for viewers to move around the wiki.

The Sunburned Surveyor