[OSGeo-Edu] Call for screenshots of GFOSS tools in action

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:40:22 EDT 2006

Here are a couple of GRASS/QGIS related screenshots

http://grass.itc.it/grass61/screenshots/index.php
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/screenshots/raster.php
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/screenshots/vector.php
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/screenshots/network.php

All of them are under CC license. The only doubt I
have: the Trento data aren't really free (I have permission
to use the data), does this affect a *screenshot*?
"Reverse engineering" of these data is impossible, so
it should be probably ok.

Anyway, it is CC-BY-SA, so they should be happy.

Markus

On 6/9/06, Puneet Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> If you have/can_make high resolution (300 dpi) screenshots of GFOSS
> tools in action (MapServer demo, qGIS, GRASS tutorial, whatever else),
> please email them to me directly (punkish at eidesis.org) so I can
> synthesize them and send them to Tyler (don't bombard him with too much
> stuff -- he is busy working on the brochure). Good and relevant photos
> will really work wonders for the brochure.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Puneet Kishor

Open Source Geospatial Foundation