[OSGeo-Edu] Edu committee calendar

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:03:24 EDT 2006

On 5/2/06, P Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Puneet - great!
> >
> > A question and a wish:
> > - the time appears for me as 3pm European Summer time which is
> > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=12&year=2006&hour=13&min=0&sec=0
> >
> > ... at 1pm UTC. Is the fixedtime link right? If so, then the calendar
> > translated correctly the time zones.
>
> Gracias Markus, for testing this for me. TZ works... and why shouldn't
> it. As long as you have your calendar set to the correct TZ (and your
> computer as well), you (and everyone else) should be a-ok.

Cool. So it works, very nice. I am using Mozilla Sunbird.
Hopefully the other committees also come up with such a calendar,
then syncing will be easy (and it could also issue an alarm popping
up).

> > - Would you mind to change "Monthly meeting"
> >  to "EduCom Monthly meeting"
> > ? This helps for people using multiple calendars (like me).
>
> No problem, but you know, you can change it as well (I think so... in
> fact, why don't you try to change it and let me know... I would like
> one calendar for edu.osgeo, and all edu members contributing events to
> it.

OK, seems to work. It asks me the SVN password which means that
I need to request a role at
 https://edu.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectMembershipRequest

Question is, which one is able to write to SVN?
- Observer: Read-only access to project code; can also submit issues;
'observer' of project
- Project Contributor: Developer/User that contributes code via Project Tracker
- User: User or application developer that makes use of the software
in the project

I have requested 'Project Contributor' - we'll see if that's sufficient.

> > Did you use Mozilla calendar and simply uploaded the file to SVN?
> >

> I didn't upload... Mozilla Lightning (Thunderbird extension) did it
> for me. Since I have already made the calendar, just subscribe to it
> using your preferred client.
>
> Once again, please try to modify the calendar and let me know if it
> works. If yes, GREAT! If  it doesn't work, it still is a good
> information tool... just that you all will have to send events to me,
> and I will have to shepherd it :-(

Once you grant me the role, I'll test again to modify it.

Looks promising so far!

 Markus