[OSGeo-Edu] Edu committee calendar

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Tue May 2 16:52:01 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Puneet - great!
>
> A question and a wish:
> - the time appears for me as 3pm European Summer time which is
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=12&year=2006&hour=13&min=0&sec=0
>
> ... at 1pm UTC. Is the fixedtime link right? If so, then the calendar
> translated correctly the time zones.

Gracias Markus, for testing this for me. TZ works... and why shouldn't
it. As long as you have your calendar set to the correct TZ (and your
computer as well), you (and everyone else) should be a-ok.

> - Would you mind to change "Monthly meeting"
>  to "EduCom Monthly meeting"
> ? This helps for people using multiple calendars (like me).

No problem, but you know, you can change it as well (I think so... in
fact, why don't you try to change it and let me know... I would like
one calendar for edu.osgeo, and all edu members contributing events to
it.

> Did you use Mozilla calendar and simply uploaded the file to SVN?

I didn't upload... Mozilla Lightning (Thunderbird extension) did it
for me. Since I have already made the calendar, just subscribe to it
using your preferred client.

Once again, please try to modify the calendar and let me know if it
works. If yes, GREAT! If  it doesn't work, it still is a good
information tool... just that you all will have to send events to me,
and I will have to shepherd it :-(

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor