[OSGeo-Edu] Edu committee calendar

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon May 8 03:44:04 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On 5/2/06, P Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
>> Markus Neteler wrote:

>> sufficient.
>> >
>> > OK, thanks for grating the role.
>> >
>> > BUT: It continues to ask me the password. Apparently I am not able
>> > as 'Project Contributor' to modify the SVN alias ical file therein.
>>

>> I have made you a "Project co-owner/contributor." Try now and let me
>> know.
> Works!
> Please reload your calendar now :-)
>
> I have modified the title to "EduCom meeting" and added
> an pop-up alarm one hour before (hope that's ok).
>
> So, only "Project co-owner/contributor" level works for modifying
> the calendar since it is stored in SVN.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Markus

Hi,
what I found out so far: you need to be >= "Project Developer" to write
to SVN. "Owner" and "Co-Owner" can also write to SVN, additionally the
"Co-Owner" can modify Mailing Lists issues and the "Owner" can delete
the complete project with one single click (which is a very cool and
highly useful feature that every Owner should immediately try out).
"Users" may add tracker issues and the "Observer" does not really get
anything but a few more links with announcements on the start page after
login.

I have reported that the CN help is not good at relaying this
information but it seems to not have been amended yet.

I have no idea on how to start a branch and allow developers commits for
that branch only using the CN infrastructure.

Arnulf.