[OSGeo-Edu] a brief update from Santiago de Chile

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Fri Nov 10 21:36:38 EST 2006

Sounds like Puneet was at GSDI-9 in Santiago. Last year's GSDI-8 (pre-
OSGeo formation) was in Cairo and there was quite a bit of interest
in open source geospatial as well. Chris Holmes, Mick Wilson and I
presented a paper on open source geospatial there [1][2]. I think
it's great that Puneet was in Chile and could get more people
interested.

	Allan

[1] http://www.eogeo.org/Projects/gsdi8paper-folder/holmes-doyle-
wilson-gsdi-8.pdf