[OSGeo-Edu] Free and open source your documentation efforts

Przemysław Bojczuk przemyslaw at bojczuk.net
Sat Oct 7 17:07:44 EDT 2006

watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu wrote:

> And why should I spend all the time and effort to generate open source
> material so someone else could package it and sell it for their benefit?
>
> It was intentional about the non-commercial part.

That's exactly the "obvious reasons" I have just posted about.
I understand and fully support this view, it's very often that others
try to make money from someone else's work without contributing much
themselves. Fortunately, by using NonCommercial licence the author
still retains the full copyright, including the right to sell the work
commercially.