[OSGeo-Edu] Free and open source your documentation efforts

watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu
Sun Oct 8 09:29:04 EDT 2006

To make my point ( I hit send too soon)

In Florida we have Florida State University which is public and
Univeristy of Miami and Emery Riddle University that are private
sector. I am not going to deny use of the material to either
univerities because they are in the private and not public sector. The
same applies to any private sector teaching program (Consultant,
vendor, etc). They can use the material, they just can no package it
and resell it. Basically it comes down to as simple as giving the
students two CD's; one with the open source material that is free and
one with the additonal material and exercises, etc that the student is
required to pay for.