[OSGeo-Edu] Drupal Book: structured document publishing

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:39:07 EDT 2006

Thank a lot, Tyler!

A micro-demo is visible here:
http://community.osgeo.org/en/edu/booktest

I would really suggest now that interested people
- request/create a Drupal account
- start playing around with the "book plugin"

The "Create Content" link you see at the right once you
are logged in. The organization is hierarchical, which is
much better for books than using the MediaWiki approach.
HTML tags are supported. For easy writing we probably need
to add a simple HTML editor menu such as MediaWiki
provides, maybe there is a switch in Drupal to activate that.

Markus

On 9/27/06, Tyler Mitchell <tylermitchell at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I already installed it.  It should be listed under the Create Content
> menu.  I just enabled it so that all authenticated users can now
> create this kind of content.
>
> Enjoy and tell us about your experience.
>
> Tyler
>
> On 27-Sep-06, at 12:26 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > concerning a book wiki, I just found this
> >
> > Drupal Book: structured document publishing
> > http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/book
> >
> > Looks interesting to me (especially since we already have
> > Drupal running). Maybe it could be installed to
> > make some test (hint fo Tyler/Jo :-)
> >
> > Best
> > Markus

Open Source Geospatial Foundation