[OSGeo-Edu] open course ware from Penn State

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Apr 21 08:19:09 EDT 2007

Ian,

I've only spent a short amount of time looking at your class, but from
what I've seen I think it looks great! Nice job.

A couple of small items on the website design (apologies if I missed
something):

1) I think you should have the Course Overview Map linked on the
syllabus and also on the home page.

2) The javascript close page button doesn't seem to work in my Firefox
browser. It worked when I used IE. Perhaps it is a browser setting on my
end. But thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't tested in Firefox.

3) I think you should have an option to go to the home page on the
syllabus and the lesson pages.

Lastly, I looked quickly at your license. It isn't apparent to me what
someone would put at the bottom of a new derivative if they built off of
your work in the future. Should that be described more clearly
somewhere, maybe in your syllabus?

Finally, given my material is nearly ready for release to OSGEO, I've
been trying to figure out how we can set up a system for tracking new
derivatives, logging changes made, and tracking author attribution. Have
you thought about that at all?

Again, looks really great to me, without digging in deep into the
content. But the main topics seem excellent and I like the course
overview map.

Charlie Schweik
UMass Amherst

--