[OSGeo-Edu] Trying to keeping us moving forward -- Edu committee goals and tasks

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Nov 21 21:14:21 EST 2007

Hi Charlie, All,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Charlie Schweik wrote:

> VENKA: See GOAL C - This was your suggestion -- to develop some common
> courses. Do you and anyone else want to take on leading this task?

Our Moodle content on web-mapping is presently available at

http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/moodle/course/view.php?id=15

The training is based on FOSS4G-toolkit developed on
Manriva Linux 2006

The new FOSS4G-Toolkit for Mandriva Linux 2008 is getting
readly and initail release is available at

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G_Toolkit_for_Mandriva_2008

We plan to update Moodle content to suit our Mandriva 2008
FOSS4G Toolkit.

Any help in improving or contrubuting to Moodle content on
Web Mapping is most welcome. Testing/improving the material with
DebianGIS or UbuntuGIS is also welcome.There is much room for
improvement in our material. We have not yet heard form any
others (apart from the existing team at OCU) who would like
to join this effort.

Kind regards

Venka