[OSGeo-Edu] New OSGeo education web pages and meeting summary

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 2 11:26:47 EDT 2007

Folks,

The Chair of an offiical committee is considered to be an
officer of the foundation.  In corporate law there are some
specific responsibilities and powers for an officer about which
I am not completely clear.

Note that once the committee has selected a chair, they
should notify the board so we can ratify the decision.  This
is generally a formality but is required for completeness.
The new chair should take on the role immediately rather than
wait for board ratification.

Co-chairs would be ok, but technically one would need to be
designated as primary for purposes of officialdom.

On 10/2/07, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting use of the term "Project Management Committee" while
> discussing "Project Steering Committee" all throughout. Is this a typo
> -- was it meant to be PSC instead of PMC?

These terms are used interchangably.

Best regards,