[OSGeo-Edu] Getting back to "Mapping Math" - Removal From Free GIS Book

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Oct 11 22:44:16 EDT 2007

Hi Landon,

My personal take on this is we have to embrace the needs/desires of the
authors. It's your content so you have a right to do what you want with
it. I think the only way we'll build a repository that gains momentum is
by taking this policy.

The other option is to talk to Victor (see participant list) who is
organizing the Spanish FreeGIS book and see if your chapters might fit
in their outline/template. The first cut might be multi-lingual and then
we'd have the issue of translations (a nice problem).

But you as an author I think have the right to decide.

If others disagree, weigh in, or we can schedule an IRC to take up this
issue.

But if the group tends to agree, let me encourage you Landon to continue
developing your content and inventory it (at least as work in progress
with no links yet) on our inventory page for now. I'd also encourage you
to develop it in as modular way as you can since we (I think) are moving
in that direction.

Cheers
Charlie