[OSGeo-Edu] Moodle/Content Management System discussion

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Oct 14 23:24:45 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> I actually get the feeling that we are adressing two different issues,
> here. One is developping OSGEO courses, the other is to create a
> collection of course material (OSGEO or others). The software to chose
> is obviously different.

You have put it rightly. I think we are looking at two different things

1) Meta-data searching for our "Educational Content Inventory"
2) Software tool to manage new courses that we may develop.

> If the courses are supposed to be simple texts, then
> a full-fledged LMS seems overkill.

Agree with that too. Transferring simple text to LMS at
a later stage would not be very difficult, I think.

BTW, Moodle and (maybe other LMS too) has a module for
developing book-like format.
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Book

> Just my 2 Euro-cents worth.

Just my 2 Yen worth (1.00 Yen=0.00600689 Euro)

Venka