[OSGeo-Edu] 9 content entries and counting!

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Oct 17 12:06:22 EDT 2007

Helena Mitasova wrote:
> that is really old material (lot of it over 10 years), but most of it
> is still valid so I keep there for reference. It could certainly be
> used for development of new, up-to-date material.

> I am not sure whether it would useful to create a section that will
> include links to older, but still useful material, we have a lot of
> it for GRASS too: http://grass.itc.it/gdp/tutorials.php
> http://grass.itc.it/gdp/special.php

All this is useful material, listing either in the
in inventory will perhaps encourage some volunteers
to bring this material upto date.

The GRASS tutorial are a good starting point for
developing a GRASS specific free book which I was
calling book 1) OSGeo Series - Introduction to GRASS GIS.

If the available GRASS tutorial and QGIS material
could be put together then we may have a free book
"Introduction to OSGeo Desktop GIS" which I mentioned
in previous mails too.

Venka