[OSGeo-Edu] Moodle/Content Management System discussion

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Oct 17 20:44:20 EDT 2007

Charlie Schweik wrote:

> I wasn't aware of DocBook Ned. But I agree -- developing an XML-based
> structure is what we should do... but as you say, it needs to be
> *simple* or people won't do it.

Is't OpenOffice XML based? Does it not support
Docbook? Open Office is simple enough for most
of us, I think.

http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/UserGuide.html
http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/

Off topic maybe, while it is wonderful to see how
wiki, trac etc. etc. can allow collaborative content
development. At the end of the day we must not forget that
one fifth of the people on the planet still do not have
access to IT. Off the ones who have access to IT maybe a
very small portion have access to Internet services. When
the OSGeo courses, books, modules are made some mechanism
for making *hardcopy* text books, work books etc. need to
be thought about.

Regards

Venka