[OSGeo-Edu] gis book license

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Oct 25 07:36:05 EDT 2007

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> 2007/10/25, Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com>:
>> [1] http://www.osgeo.org/journal [2]
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
>
> Thanks Lorenzo for starting spanish/english book discussion (or
> crossposting :P)
>
> On the Spanish list we've just started discussion but I think we are
> moving between CC BY and CC BY-SA.
>
> "No derivatives" kind of licenses are not discussed at this time and,
>  only speaking IMHO, we want to allow derivatives work and commercial
>  use too.

Nice to hear about discussion on this important issue.
And only speaking IMHO, also would like to allow
derivatives work and commercial use too.

There was a short discussion about License issue for
course material at the Edu BOF during FOSS4G, if I
remember correctly. I also feel that there was no
strong disagreement about adopting appropriate CC
License. But there was not detailed discussion on
this.

Kind regards

Venka