[OSGeo-Edu] A couple of things for the free GIS book

Victor Olaya volaya at unex.es
Mon Oct 29 11:42:06 EDT 2007

Landon,

thanks for your help. A lot of work needs to be done!. The whole part on
cartographic design is at stage 0. Also, stages 1 and 2 mean that not a
single word has yet been written on those chapters. So many chapters need
some work.

We are using LaTeX to create a PDF, but for vector graphics I am using
Inkscape as well (the svg files can be downloaded from the svn), and Gimp
(and Photoshop, I have to confess it...). I wrote some guidelines for
authors, with information on how to create images and how to properly use
LaTeX commands, but I had no time to translate them into english yet. I hope
I can do that during this week.

If you want to collaborate, for sure you are welcome. We need people to help
us. If you do not see it clear, just tell me in which part of the book you
would like to collaborate, and I'm sure that we will find something for you
to do ;-)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards

Victor Olaya Ferrero