[OSGeo-Edu] Edu report at AGM

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Sep 19 22:41:30 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Quoting "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org>:

> Does anyone want to give a (very brief) report at the OSGeo annual
> meeting?

I'm certainly happy to let someone else do this -- but I'll step up and do it if
no one else wants to.

Puneet and others: send thoughts on what you think should be said...

Also, I'd like to remind people that OSGeo Edu is scheduled for a Birds of a
Feather meeting on Tuesday the 25th in the Oak Bay -1 room from 16:45-19:00.
To make this meeting as productive as possible, please take a look at the topics
listed at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_BOF_Sessions#OSGeo_education_group_.28OSGeo_edu.29
and add any topics or thoughts you might have.

Finally, I'm planning on using at least a little of my presentation (which is in
the session right before this BOF in Oak Room 2) to talk a little about some of
the thoughts/ideas I have on moving OSGeo edu forward. Hopefully some of you can
come and we can use it possibly as a springboard for the BOF session.

Cheers
Charlie Schweik