[OSGeo-Edu] Edu report at AGM

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 20 00:06:01 EDT 2007

On 19-Sep-07, at 7:41 PM, cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu wrote:

> I'm certainly happy to let someone else do this -- but I'll step up
> and do it if
> no one else wants to.

Go for it!  I've been barely a lurking on this list, but interacting
with others at a slightly different level.  I can say that the
interest and enthusiasm behind the EduCom concept is alive and well.
I'd say really push the point that there is room for more to be
involved (a membership drive) and especially those who might be
looking for thesis projects or writing projects for curriculum
development.

It would also be particularly interesting to drag in some of the
Spanish local chapter guys and see what they've been doing in their
Free GIS book in Espanol, perhaps we can invite some to come to the
BoF if they are available.  (cc'ing Lorenzo here to see what he thinks)

I will be around on the Friday for the code sprint, but don't have
any real plans.  If others are around and want to mess around with
Moodle or other application-level tasks, I'd be game!

Tyler