[OSGeo-Edu] New OSGeo education web pages and meeting summary

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 29 10:50:24 EDT 2007

On 29-Sep-07, at 6:53 AM, P Kishor wrote:

> I am cc-ing this to Frank and Tyler (although they might be on this
> list already) so they may institute the necessary steps to effect a
> change of Chair. I think this is as good a time as any for a change.

As a formal committee, this simple process is required.
* Someone makes a motion
* Someone seconds that motion
* Have a short time of discussion
* Chair declares voting open, maybe with a timeline for when it will
close
* Everyone on the committee votes, we can use the -1/+1 method or
something in plain english
** In Favour (+1)
** Abstaining/neither for or against (+0)
** Against (-1)
* The chair tallies the votes and declares the result

It's that easy :)

I'll comment more on these threads in a couple days when I'm back on
the ground.

Tyler