[OSGeo-Edu] eGIS+

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri Apr 11 09:35:25 EDT 2008

hmm.. I pressed send accidentally...

what I meant to write is that I don't believe very much in web-based
education. There has been rather much money floating around for that
purpose. My sarcastic thought is that these projects are to a large
degree vehicles for collecting that money ;)

Ari

Mateusz Loskot kirjoitti:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone from the OSGeo Community have heard or was
> involved in eGIS+ project (http://www.e-gis.org/).
> It looks like both the OSGeo Education Committee and eGIS+ may share
> similar goals. So, perhaps it would a good idea to join efforts.

The project was finished already in 2005. I don't find any familiar
names on their materials. ITC is perhaps the best known institute
withing the partners. I know some people from the but I don't see any
names in the materials.

The project seemed to target vocational training.

The paper from eGIS+ was presented at European GIS education seminar.
The next one is September in Cirencester, UK: http://www.eugises.eu/
abstracts were due Feb 29, so maybe it's already a bit too late to
submit anything.

There seems to be other similar programs:
http://www.gisig.it/gi%2Dindeed/default.asp -- sadly this one is rather
closed and asks for password for many things. Also
http://www.edugi.net/eduGI

I don't believe very muc

--
Prof. Ari Jolma