[OSGeo-Edu] eGIS+

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Apr 11 11:37:37 EDT 2008

Ari Jolma wrote:
> hmm.. I pressed send accidentally...
>
> what I meant to write is that I don't believe very much in web-based
> education. There has been rather much money floating around for that
> purpose. My sarcastic thought is that these projects are to a large
> degree vehicles for collecting that money ;)

I'm sure you are right in some extent but considering scale of
success of initiatives like UNIGIS in Europe, there is a lot of
people who are interesting in good e-learning on GIS.

Regardless of possible doubts, I think it could be valuable in as far as
collaboration on preparing lectures, materials, etc.
The OSGeo Free GIS Book and conference materials are what I have in
mind, for instance.
It could be also an interesting way to spread OSGeo activities and
software solutions.

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot