[OSGeo-Edu] eGIS+

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Apr 11 16:23:02 EDT 2008

> Our (at least my) current conclusion in Finland (after spending >300 k€
> on GIS developing distance education) is that it really does not work
> very well. Of course there are some successes and other reasons for the
> non-working than the basic idea.
I have a paper that looks like it will be published in the Social
Science Computer Review journal on my own distance learning experience
in open source GIS that was, I would say, partially successful. I
reference OSGeo in it in that I am saying that the tutorials we used
were stored in our education group repository.

I'll send the citation once it is published in case people are
interested.

Charlie

--
Associate Professor