[OSGeo-Edu] Question for education material authors

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Apr 17 23:03:56 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I've received no responses so far to the questions I posed...perhaps I
haven't given enough time. But here's why I sent out those questions:

1) We've got a list of OS GIS courses on the wiki currently. But right
now, it is really just a list of links. Not easily searchable, nor can
anyone easily derive new versions from them. What I'm trying to do is
improve our inventory and make it so Modules can be found, not simply
courses.

2) I think the next step would be to gather material people are willing
to give to others and serve them as pdfs on the wiki or link
specifically to these modules.

3) I also think some authors (like me) would be willing to put the
"source" of these tutorials into a version control system and allow
others (when they ask) to create new versions of them. We're got a
Subversion system to use already established.

I've attached again the questions below. Does this request below seem
unreasonable? People too busy? Or am I really off target? Should we be
focusing on something else?

And what can I do to energize the group? Or better yet, what can you do
to help move the group forward, that wouldn't take too much of your
time? OSGeo 2008 is coming. I'd like us to have made some real progress
by then...

Cheers!
Charlie