[OSGeo-Edu] another request for help.... Victor, Jorge, Venka, Scott, Moritz, Maria, Helena, Landon and anyone else!

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 12 16:16:13 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 15:40 -0500, Charlie Schweik wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> Sorry to be a pest -- but I need help. Attached (below) is the template
> Tyler's created for the committees' 2007 status report.
>
> VICTOR, JORGE:  Are you OK if we list the FreeGIS book under this
> report? If so, can you provide me with a paragraph or two on its status
> for "Key Accomplishments", and any text related to the other headings?
>
> VENKA, SCOTT (MICHELL), MORITZ, MARIA (Brovelli), Helena:  You all have
> courses listed on the "Commitments" page:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Commitments_for_New_Material_Development. Should I just reference that for outlook 2008 or do you have accomplishments I can report?

For me, in terms of future courses just reference the wiki page.
Markus and I have published the GRASSbook, see www.grassbook.org and a
freely available data set for use with the book but also any other other
course or tutorial - see http://www.grassbook.org/data_menu3rd.php.
You can also mention the talk that I gave in Victoria
http://www.grassbook.org/presentations/MitOSGeoDataFOSS4G9.pdf
I don't think that we need to write too much about this - just list them
as bullets.

Helena