[OSGeo-Edu] draft status report - Victor, please add to FreeGIS section in Accomplishments

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 14 04:11:30 EST 2008

Charlie, all,

first of all, thanks for writing the report!

A (un)related observation: please let's use the Wiki for this.
The report has to go there anyway:
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_Report_2007

Instead of having documents floating around in two formats (where OSGeo
should maybe only use ODT).

To help, I have converted the document from ODT with
 http://www.ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hauma/odt2txt/
and uploaded to above Wiki page.
Then I have re-introduced the original formatting and added Wiki
links  (more needed).

Please continue to modify the Wiki page (which is easier since all
is on one place).

Hope I didn't offend you!
Best,
Markus

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM, Charlie Schweik
<cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>  I've got to run so this isn't proofread... but attached is my summary
>  based on the input I've received (thanks) (open office writer format and
>  word format). VICTOR - where I need your summary is highlighted (FreeGIS
>  book).
>
>  Hopefully I got things right. Any feedback is appreciated before I send
>  off to Tyler tomorrow. Apologies if I missed something you've done! It
>  was not intended...
>
>  Thanks all
>  CHarlie
>  --
>  Associate Professor
>  - Department of Natural Resources Conservation (www.umass.edu/nrc)
>  - Center for Public Policy and Administration (www.masspolicy.org),
>  - Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government (www.ncdg.org)
>  University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
>  Phone: (413) 545-1824
>  Website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/