[OSGeo-Edu] Update on Metadata Chapter of the Free GIS Book

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Jan 28 15:10:07 EST 2008

I have started the section "Why Is Metadata Important?". The new content
includes information on using metadata to ensure the proper use of a
geospatial dataset. This new content has three short examples of what
can happen if this isn't done.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5nfmf8_37gc47xc

I've also added a place holder for content on automatic metadata
creation and for a simple metadata example that I hope to use Tyler's
provided material in.

Let me know if you have comments or suggestions.

Landon

Warning: