[OSGeo-Edu] A challenge to the OSGeo edu community

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Jul 30 00:07:20 EDT 2008

Hi OSGeo edu folks,

I'm going to be away from email most of the time between now and August 20th.
But FOSS4Geo 2008 looms. Let me pose a challenge while I am away. I think we'd
all like to have a positive report of our group progress. I URGE you to
contribute to our efforts by doing the following while I am away:

1) Upload any content you are willing to share with others on our group's
Subversion system. (Under "Releases" folder). (I'm going to ask my colleague
Sasha to send directions on how to do this).

2) Link to your modules stored on Subversion on our educational content
inventory page following the approach shown in [1] below.

3) If you can't do #1 and #2, at least update our educational content wiki page
[2] with any new material you have developed.

Thanks all. Please try and contribute if you can.

Cheers-
Charlie Schweik (Edu co-chair)

[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Educational_Content_Inventory#Introduction_to_FOSS_GIS_using_QGIS_.8.2C_PostgreSQL.2C_PostGIS.2C_and_the_Grass_plugin_for_QGIS