[OSGeo-Edu] Getting to work with Lyx and LaTex

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Jun 9 17:44:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Landon for your update! Appreciated!

Status on my end. Maili Paige, Sasha Stepanov, Ned Horning and I have been
steadily working to convert our material to the Docbook format, and are about to
upload the "docbook source" and pdf versions it generates to the Education
group's Subversion system. Once we do that, we'll get a new page on the wiki
that links to the pdfs. We also will be working on a new version of our material
in preparation for a Spring 2009 Intro to Spatial Technologies course I am
teaching.

I'm hoping we get short directions to you all on our Subversion strategy soon,
and I hope others who are creating tutorials and course material will use this
repository for releases.

If any others on this list would like to provide an update on what they are
doing, please do! I'd like to breathe a little new life into our group!

If people think it is better to schedule an IRC chat, let me know.

Cheers
Charlie