[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo logo and educational material

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 24 19:21:53 EDT 2008

On 24-Jun-08, at 2:27 PM, cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu wrote:

>> I would suggest that some control over the use of the logo be
>> maintained
>> by OSGeo rather than making it a free-for-all.
>
> Good points Ned. Are we the only OSGeo-affiliated group that faces
> this issue? I
> can imagine the data group might face it as well. Are we forging
> new territory
> or is there past work in another group that might help us here?

Right, that's partly why this topic has come up and gone around a bit
re: OSGeo branded teaching events.  Board had lots of discussion, but
were asking the conference committee to come up with some policy.
The direction EduCom takes may really help set the tone for how
"bigger" issues of policy like this are handled.

Tyler