[OSGeo-Edu] Subversion folder strategy for educational material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu May 8 22:28:37 EDT 2008

Alex (and Landon):

Thanks *very much* for your responses to my posting. It makes me feel
like people are out there! (A *friendly* jab folks... I know there are
some very interested people on this list, and some who are hard at work
on educational content that might eventually be contributed...
right? ;-) The next OSGeo conference is coming fast... time is the
enemy... :-) )

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 22:33 -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Trunk
>   - Institution
>     - Course
> Tags or Release
>   - Institution
>     - Course Name and Version 1 of Final Release (say the 2008 version)
>     - Course Name and Version 2 of Final Release (say the 2009 version)

I'm an (old now) former professional programmer, but did not know the
meaning of "trunk" (as development version) and "branch" as past
releases. So for edu material I'm wondering if it would be more
understandable if we used this:

Under_Development
   - Institution
   - Course
Past_Releases
   - Institution
      - Course name and Version 1 of final release
      - Course name and Version 2 of final release

Does anyone object to this Subversion folder strategy? Can we proceed?

Thanks all. Cheers!