[OSGeo-Edu] Congrats to our OSGeo edu colleague Puneet Kishor, new educational posting, and our future blog

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Apr 20 12:04:24 EDT 2009

OSGeo edu colleagues,

Three items:

1) Good news! Our colleague and former chair of this group, Puneet
Kishor, has been appointed as a fellow [1] to the Science Commons [2].
As it says under his profile, "as a Science Commons Fellow, Puneet
intends to evangelize open access to geospatial data, science and
technology." This is a great connection for our group and a great honor
for Puneet! Congrats Puneet!

2) OSGeo edu Blog: I think as a start we should take up Tyler's
suggestion of using one person to act as a "blog editor" for our group.
That seems easiest and we can then feed the OSGeo page. Anyone want to
step up and do this? Contact me if you do.

3) Thanks to Richard Plant at UC Davis for his most recent post of
educational material to our new inventory system.[3] I hope others will
continue to do the same! Our submission form is here:
https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content.

Cheers

Charlie

[1] http://creativecommons.org/about/people/#113