[OSGeo-Edu] 2008 draft education committee status report - comments welcome!

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Mar 15 22:10:09 EDT 2009

Dear OSGeo edu colleagues,

Attached is a draft of the 2008 annual status report (odt format) for
our group that I intend to send Tyler Mitchell ASAP (I'm very late
getting it to him).  But I didn't want to rush it; I wanted to send him
something thoughtful on where we are as a group -- a kind of "State of
the OSGeo Edu Union" report.  Obviously, as it stands these are largely
my own perspectives, as committee chair, on where we are and where we
should go.

I would appreciate any comments/reactions any of you may have.
Importantly, please let me know if I have forgotten any 2008
accomplishments or have made any other glaring errors. I'll wait until
end of day Tuesday (US eastern time) to submit to Tyler.

Thanks to you all for the accomplishments we have achieved as a group in
2008, and to the people who added the 6 or so new entries on our new edu
inventory database over the last month [1]. Great! I hope others lurking
with content to share will continue to post their metadata [2]! ;-)

Thanks all!

Charlie Schweik

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content
[2] https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content