[OSGeo-Edu] Map Window

T M calu_gis at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 18:38:17 EST 2009

Hello

My name is Tom Mueller and I am an associate professor in the Department of Earth Sciences at California University of Pennsylvania (35 miles southeast of Pittsburgh).  I was really disappointed when ESRI dropped ArcExplorer Java for Educators (AEJEE) and I have been looking for an alternative to develop K - 12 lessons.  I have read a little about MapWindow and I was wondering if this group thought this or some other Open GIS package could work for the K - 12 environment.

Thank you
Tom Mueller

"The Boston Celtics are NOT a basketball team, they are a way of life"
- Red Auerbach

http://mail.yahoo.com