[OSGeo-Edu] Tracking a GIS Core Curriculum

Kim Tucker kctucker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:56:34 EDT 2009

 > we need to have a solid SVN infrastructure to be
 > able to manage, update and collaborate on the
 > material,
 > I still haven't figured out the group support.

Or, you could simply use WikiEducator or WikiVersity (or cnx.org, etc.)
and a mailing list for curriculum development. On Wikiversity and
WikiEducator you can 'watch' pages you are co-editing, be e-mailed when
changes are made, view page histories and roll back to previous
versions, etc.

Perhaps set up a portal similar to this one:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Portal:Social_entrepreneurship/Curriculum
for GIS and progressively develop modules.

----
Links possibly of interest to some (in case you have forgotten ;-):

http://cnx.org/content/m15128/latest/ - QGIS tutorial

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Portal:FLOSS4Science

http://wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator

http://wikieducator.org/User:KTucker - my user page on WikiEducator.