[OSGeo-Edu] Tracking a GIS Core Curriculum

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Wed Sep 16 10:51:08 EDT 2009

Charlie,

I think that what you suggest is a worthy goal but it probably won't
happen real fast. Maybe we can start to develop a plan to go in that
direction if folks thinks that makes sense. As more governments,
organizations and individuals start to adopt FOSS4G I expect there will
be an increase demand for guides to raise awareness of the benefits of
open source and to help them make the switch. Last week I was
introducing FOSS4G to a group of international scholars and it was a bit
overwhelming for them to grasp the benefits of open source and get to
the point where they decide to start working with it.

I won't be able to take the lead on this (at least not now) but I'd like
to participate.

Ned