[OSGeo-Edu] Some thoughts on the production of educational materialabout FOSS Geospatial Tools

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Tue Aug 10 11:09:58 EDT 2010

Simon wrote: " The problem is that content stored in this format is
difficult to maintain
and/or translate, as the file needs to be disassembled then updated or
converted then reassembled."

I look at the PDF as a final product, and the ODF as the working
document. So the ODF would be the document being maintained, while the
PDF would be overwritten or replaced every time changes to the ODF
occur.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm also working on a standard way to mark-up magazine articles in HTML.
That may be helpful for storing some OSGeo education content in HTML.

Landon
Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658