[OSGeo-Edu] Continuing our collaborative efforts; Reflections on IRC meeting

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Aug 11 07:05:18 EDT 2010

Ned Horning wrote:
> Charlie and others,
>
> I'm willing to take a shot at coordinating the content inventory. If
> someone else wants to take the lead that's fine but in either case I'm
> willing to help.
I missed this post. Great Ned, thanks! I've put you down as the
coordinator on our group's To Do list wiki page [1]. If anyone else
wants to take on a leadership role with our group there are
opportunities on that list. This is service to the discipline which you
could put down on your CV....

For example, do we want to try and develop, collaboratively, the
Handbook's Venka suggested in the IRC (Desktop and Web OS GIS)? Linking
back to the discussion on Templates, this seems the best place to start
that effort too.

Finally, before we completely lose the discussion we were having on
licensing content and new derivatives, does anyone  want to take the
lead to review the guidance that we have on the wiki at [2] and possibly
update it based on those conversations?

Cheers
Charlie

[1} http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_goals_and_to_dos