[OSGeo-Edu] Our past discussions about curriculum collaboration

Kim Tucker kctucker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:10:36 EDT 2010

Hi Charlie and all,

You may be interested in the OER Foundation:

http://wikieducator.org/OERF:Home

and the free on-line courses available to all your collaborators:
http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content

The next course is from August 25 - September 8, 2010 (10-Days, 20
minutes per day):
http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Registration
Indeed, during the course you could make a start on your curriculum.

A similar collaborative writing effort was done a few years back to
produce the OER Handbook for Educators:
http://wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator

The above approach is compatible with our own (compatibly licensed) wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Core_Curriculum_Project

In terms of process, here is an example where we used an issue tracker
template (and other MediaWiki features) to write a document
collaboratively:
http://wikieducator.org/Workgroup:Amendments_to_Open_Community_Governance_Policy/Issue_Tracker

Have fun (whatever approach you choose :-)

Kim

----