[OSGeo-Edu] Update on curriculum effort

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Jan 13 09:41:57 EST 2010

Hi Micha,

Micha Silver wrote:
> Thanks for the update. I'd like to participate, if the slides etc that
> I've made for GIS seminars are up to scratch.
> However I'd want to be sure that the material can be shared further,
> and that it would be attributed to me. So, for example, the creative
> commons cc-by-sa licence would be acceptable. Does the framework you
> outlined for publishing the GIS-edu material allow for this?
Terrific Micha! Yes, one of the metadata items on our submission form
[1] is a license field where you can specify the license. Our standard
is the CC cc-by-sa license, but it is not always the one used. The most
recent posting [2], for example, uses this license.

Most people have posted links to material they serve somewhere else. I
really encourage everyone to upload their "educational source content"
to our subversion system [3] and then link to it through the submission
form [1]. I've done that for one of my entries [4] but there I am
serving pdfs not the source. I hope to provide the source in this way in
my next version upload. I wish there was some way that we could make
this process even easier for people...

Cheers
Charlie

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content